Our athletic and physical education program provides a great opportunity to introduce students to various sports and activities.
At SMMS believe in a holistic approach that prepares students for spiritual growth, social responsibility, and academic success. PE class provides a great opportunity for physical activity twice a week, but every child should stay as active as possible. The World Health Organization says “Children and youth aged 5-17 should accumulate at least 60 minutes of moderate to intense physical activity daily”. We work diligently to teach things like the Physical Education Standards, Health and Nutrition Standards, and introduction to various sports and activities. However, we also focus on things that are much more important such as acceptance, teamwork, respect for self and others, leadership, participation and effort.
- Boys Varsity and Junior Varsity Flag Football
- Girls Varsity and Junior Varsity Volleyball
- Boys Varsity and Junior Varsity Basketball
- Girls Varsity and Junior Varsity Basketball
- 3rd thru 8th Grade Cross Country
- 1st thru 6th Soccer
- K thru 8th Grade Track & Field