As mentioned in the President’s Letter, the PTG has a dual purpose of fundraising and fellowship.
All of the fellowships are an important part of creating a close-nit SMMS community. The fellowship activities include:
- Parent-child events such as the Father/Daughter Dance, Mother/Son Bowling, Father/Son Hockey and Tailgating and Mother/Daughter Tea.
- Adult events such as Casino Night.
- Student events such as Santa’s Workshop, a Fishing Workshop, and Student Fun Day.
PTG also supports and assists to raise money for outside cause as well. These causes include:
- Mary’s Mercy Center through the donations of Shoeboxes for the Poor at Christmastime.
- City of Hope through out Pink Day events in the month of October.
We have a number of fundraising events throughout the year as well.
- Spring Gala
- Restaurant Nights
- Fall Fundraiser (Innisbrook Catalog Sale)
- Spring Golf Tournament
- Campbell’s Soup Labels
- Box Tops
- Ink Cartridge recycling Program
- Spirit Store
The PTG also supports a uniform “pay it forward” program in which on the first Friday of every month gently used uniforms will be available (for free) at the time of student pick up to those who could use them.
PTG meetings are scheduled for the third Wednesday of the month at 6:00pm, and all are welcome. Please also feel free to visit in the PTG room or email any questions or suggestions to SMMSPTG@aol.com.