Staff Librarian: Sr. Kathleen Cleary – Gr. K-8
Click here for e-reader policy
Electronic readers will be allowed on campus, for students in grades 4-8, under the following provisions:
- Only electronic readers such as Kindle or Nook, without Internet access(such as 3G/4G etc.), will be allowed. No I-Pads, or other tablets such as I-Pads will be allowed.
- St. Margaret Mary School is indemnified from any liability or responsibility due to loss, damage, or theft.
- The e- reader may be used for supplemental reading only. Not to be used for required reading in class. Not to be taken to the playground.
- The e-reader may be used during independent reading time in the classroom only.
- The e-reader MAY NOT be connected to wi-fi. No earphones will be allowed.
- Students may not use them for games, music, connecting to the Internet, or movies.
- The e-reader must be fully charged, at home, by the student.
- The e-reader must be taken home every evening.
- For extended care, the e-reader may be used only in the extended care room for reading.
- Books are due on WEDNESDAYS for the K, 1st, and 2nd graders.
- Please do not check out books if you are moving or going on vacation.
- You MUST have your book with you to renew it.
- All late books need to be returned to the Office if the Library is closed. This means, no fair giving them to Sister after school.
- If you are absent on Library day, return the books as soon as you return to school or fines will be charged.
- If you lose or damage a book, there will be a minimum charge of $15.00 plus the late fee.
- Some books are worth $50.00.
- Fines and/or books must be returned before you receive a report card or check out any new books.
- LATE FINES ARE TWENTY-FIVE CENTS (.25) DAILY. This will include weekends, holidays and vacation.
- Read, READ, read, and READ some more
- Listening is a positive. Whispering is a necessity when permitted.
- RESPECT is needed for Self, Others, and Property. We follow the school and classroom rules. Chairs are to be left in place. To leave the Library, a pass is required.
- TEACHER’S AREA AND DESK ARE OFF LIMITS!
- REWARDS: Game times, Treasure box; Catch’em being good tickets; Lots of learning, and Happy Teacher!!!!!
- CONSEQUENCES: Warning; Time out; Detention; Poor learning skills; Bad day at the Office
11 Things Everyone Should Know About Caring for Library Books
- A bookmark is the best way to mark your place.
- Never lay books face down or fold the corners of pages.
- Keep books safely away from pets and young children.
- Protect books from getting wet in the rain.
- Avoid eating and drinking wile you read so food and drinks dont dammage your book.
- Wash your hands before reading to keep the pages clean.
- Never write or draw on the pages of a book.
- Use the top corner of pages to turn carefully.
- If you accidentally tear a page, ask a librarian to fix it, they are trained to do it right.
- Don’t lend your library books to others-you might not get them back.
- Never, Never leave your books out of your backpack!!
Library (909) 628-0697